Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 1995 15:01:48 -0500
From:      Steve Ames <steve@cioeserv.cioe.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   need tape help!

While back I asked for recommendations on hardware/software to backup
local network. Exabyte tape drives and Amanda were recommended. So
naturelly I bought them.

That was apparently the easy part. I now have an Exabyte 8205XL (or maybe
three :) that I can't make work for anything. I can't dump, tar or get
amanda to play ball with it. Eventually they just lock up the whole
machine. *sigh*

Need advice. The scsi card and the exabyte are recognize at boot time. I
don't know what other configuration is going to be needed, but I do need
to get this running. HELP!

					-Steve