Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:57:25 +0100
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
To:        Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
Subject:   Re: Xorg 8.9.0 "radeon" with DRI hangs FreeBSD-6.1, OK without DRI

Dejan Lesjak wrote:

> Can you try reinstalling xorg-server with attached patch (or fetched from
> http://agrajag.ijs.si/tinderbox/stuff/xorg/patch-radeonmmap) in
> xorg-server/files directory and see if it changes anything.

As I reported, there's no change. With both "ati" and "radeon" used as
"driver", the system hangs with DRI enabled. Here are Xorg logs:

with dri:
http://ivoras.sharanet.org/stuff/Xorg.log.dri.txt

without dri:
http://ivoras.sharanet.org/stuff/Xorg.log.nodri.txt

If there is anything else I can try, I'll help, because bitmap-intensive
applications (SDL) run very slowly now :(

I tried "firegl" drivers, but they don't work, possibly because they are
made for X.org 6.8.