Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 1997 12:42:20 +0200
From:      Michael Beckmann <beckmann@nacamar.net>
To:        Tom <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Parity trouble with Asus mainboard

Following up to myself. I got 8 x 32 MB with parity from a different vendor
today, and they work  fine in the Asus mainboard with ECC on. So something
weird apparently is wrong with the other SIMMs, so that they are
incompatible with the Asus board. I used these other 8 x 32 MB in a busy
newsserver since 3 days now, with parity off, and there was no problem. The
same mainboard doesn't like these SIMMs with parity on. Maybe a timing
problem with the parity chips on the SIMMs.

Thanks,

Michael