Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 1999 03:08:38 -0700
From:      Summoner <summoner@uswest.net>
To:        rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
Cc:        ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: First time for my own PC hardware

rick hamell wrote:
>         I've never been happy with Enlight cases personally. They're way
> to flimsy for me. The power supplies tend to leak a lot of RF also, which
> interferes with monitors and other computers.

Enlight's a very consumer-directed company.  Their offering of a
dozen or so different bezel designs is evidence of that.  They cut
costs by using thin steel and not properly reinforcing it.

>         I use to use only Macase, but they discontinued the style I
> liked. The replacement style has a chubby front end that sticks out to
> far for me. Casedge has their LXsomething model (About $49+Shipping from
> Ark Technologies,) which I'm impressed with. Thick steel, no sharp
> pieces, it's all smoothed down (and dosen't collect finger prints!) The
> drive bays snap out and have one screw to fasten them down just in case.
> Minmaw is also a good brand, but they're a bit more expensive then
> Casedge. Their one major advantage is that they have a place in front to
> put a dust filter in front of the case fan.

Macase... I don't suppose there's any relation to Mapower?  Minmaw
and Casedge are new ones on me, but then I only go looking for a new
case maker when my current one(s) aren't up to my standards of
craftsmanship.

Ever try Inwin?