Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 21:08:29 +0800
From:      Peihan Wang <peihanw@mx.cei.gov.cn>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   howto prevent password from been changed?

I have a 486/66 with FreeBSD 2.2.6 installed. It has
a 8 port serial card connects several old PCs running
terminal emulation program for DOS.

I added 8 new users named stud1 -- stud8. Their
passwords are same as their login names. Each user can
run c/c++ compiler, perl5, gdb and common commands.
They all belong to group student.

But I do not want them to execute passwd for that will
cause extra sys-admin tasks.

The default permission of passwd is -r-sr-xr-x.
Change permission or hide passwd is unwise for other
users will feel discomfort.

Any suggestions?