Date:      Sat, 16 Jun 2001 21:22:25 -0400
From:      Matt White <mjw@crypt-net.org>
To:        Joe Clarke <marcus@miami.edu>, Jim King <jim@jimking.net>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netgraph bridge and Aironet

This is actually not true.  I have a FreeBSD 4.2 bridge on a floppy that
does bridging between a Cisco Aironet card and an ISA ethernet card.

There is a catch however, the Apple Airport that I have gets confused by
packets with a source address other than the hardware source address
carried by the 802.11b connection protocol.  So the airport (and therefore
I guess all Karlbridge based units) sees a client with address <foo>
sending it packets with an ethernet source address of <bar>.  The airport's
bridging tables are set up correctly if SNMP is to believed, but the
airport insists on sending all wireless packets to the ethernet destination
specified by the client connection (<foo>) instead of what is indicated by
its bridge table, <bar>.  The hack I have in place right now is to assign
everything works.  This obviously only works if you only have one client
behind the wired ethernet, which is the case for me but doesn't work for
many situations.

Anyone else have any experience with this?  I'd like a more general
solution if I can get it.

-Matt

--On Monday, June 04, 2001 11:18 PM -0400 Joe Clarke <marcus@miami.edu>