Date:      05 Dec 2004 12:09:31 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        "Marta Resende" <martarese@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD freezes after upgrading (stop in boot)

"Marta Resende" <martarese@hotmail.com> writes:

> ey,i upgrade using that options:
>
> #cd /usr/src
> #make buildworld
> #make buildkernel KERNCONF=MINE
> #make installkernel KERNCONF=MINE
> #reboot
> (press 4 for single-user mode)
> #fsck -p
> #mount -u /
> #mount -a
> #cd /usr/src
> #mergemaster -p
> #make installworld
> #mergemaster
>
> and when i reboot, freebsd stops under
> "Mounting NFS file systems"
>
> i've commented all stuff related to NFS under kernel, cause i didnt
> need it , what should be the problem ?? and what can i do to resolv it
> ?

If you hit Ctrl-C when it's stopped, there, it will probably
continue.  Once you're booted, make sure that there are no nfs-related
entries in rc.conf.

And next time, please remember to mention what version of FreeBSD
you're using -- you will get much more precise advice if we know that
kind of information.

		http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/