Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2018 18:17:05 +0530
From:      Steevan Rodrigues <steevanxperia@gmail.com>
To:        se@freebsd.org
Cc:        mad@madpilot.net, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org,  =?UTF-8?Q?V=C3=A1clav_Haisman?= <vhaisman@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 11.x thread creation time is 9000+ microseconds on Intel Xeon Gold series CPU

I tried FreeBSD 12 Beta 3 version  on this server with Xeon Gold 5115 CPU.
All these problems have disappeared.  Thread creation time has improved
greatly .
It is now  below 100 usec ( in FreeBSD 11.x  9000+ usec)

Also I had another issue  with FreeBSD 11.x which related to contigmalloc
and contigfree .
Actually contigfree was taking too much time on FreeBSD 11.x  on this same
server with Xeon Gold 5115 CPU.

In FreeBSD 12 Beta3  also contigfree takes much more time compared to
contigmalloc.
However  when I compare the  values to FreeBSD 11.x number I can see huge
improvement in FreeBSD 12 Beta 3   .
Because of this contigfree issue my driver unload  used to take 5 to 20
minutes  in FreeBSD 11.x.
Now  my driver takes only a few seconds to load and a few seconds to unload
in FreeBSD 12. BEta 3.

Hence it looks like the problem is with FreeBSD 11.x.
I am still waiting for  final release version of FreeBSD 12.0

Regards,
Steevan