Date:      Thu, 02 Aug 2001 18:29:28 +0200
From:      Oliver von Bueren <maillist@ovb.ch>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   bind configuration for rbl - deny forward access through my server

Good'day.

I'm using a FreeBSD server for mail processing, which has also a DNS
server running (bind 8.2.x out of -stable). As we use the rbl-Lists
from mail-abuse.org to filter inbound traffic and as of now the access
to this list is no more free, I need a way to deny access to these
zones through my dns server, which in turn has access to the
rbl-dns-servers. I have tried the following in named.conf:

zone "relays.mail-abuse.org" {
        type stub;
        file "s/relays.mail-abuse.org";
        transfer-source my.address.registered.with.maps;
        allow-query { localhost; };
        masters {
		some-master-servers;
	};
};

My goal was to prevent queries to any address in relays.mail-abuse.org
and "below", meaning 2.0.0.127.relays.mail-abuse.org as an example.
The access to relays.mail-abuse.org gets denied to any host other than
the local host but all the addresses "below" get processed as usual.

BTW: I can't restrict access to the server in general, it's used
otherwise too.

Any hint's on that?

Oliver