Date:      Tue, 25 Dec 2001 11:20:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/33081: send(2) sometimes yields ECONNREFUSED, but it's not documented

The following reply was made to PR docs/33081; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To: rfg@monkeys.com
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 20:27:31 +0200

 On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 09:56:25PM -0800, rfg@monkeys.com wrote:

 > >Number:         33081
 > >Category:       docs
 > >Synopsis:       send(2) sometimes yields ECONNREFUSED, but it's not documented
 > >Originator:     Ronald F. Guilmette
 > >Release:        FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE i386
 > >Environment:
 > 	FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE

 > 	Using send(2) on a previously connected DGRAM socket, I am getting
 > 	an error result with error set to ECONNREFUSED, but this possible
 > 	result isn't documented on the send(2) man page.

 I think this was fixed in rev. 1.13, committed on May 20, 2001.
 I might be wrong, but my 4.4-STABLE send(2) manual page has the following
 in the ERRORS section:

 [ECONNREFUSED]     The socket received an ICMP destination unreachable
                    message from the last message sent.  This typically
                    means that the receiver is not listening on the remote
                    port.

 This was even in 4.4-RELEASE :)

 G'luck,
 Peter

 --
 This sentence would be seven words long if it were six words shorter.