Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 00:53:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      DM <gatekeeper@the.whole.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiple ethernet interfaces active in jail ?

Hello all, I have jail up an running to house BIND.  The box has two
physical ethernet cards in it (fxp0 and fxp1).  I have the jail on an IP
alias on fxp0 192.168.1.10.

I would like the nameserver in the jail to listen on both fxp0 and fxp1.
I created another IP alias for fxp1, 10.4.20.10, however trying to get
that interface to activate when starting the jail eludes me.  Obviously I
cannot ifconfig fxp1 from within the jail.  I tried another jail command
with the second interface/ip alias but that creates a whole new jail.  The
fxp1 interface is seen in the jail but assigning it an address is the
mystery.  Anyone have any thoughts or a solution?  Thanks!

-David