Date:      Tue, 02 Dec 1997 20:54:48 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/kern vfs_aio.c

In message <199712021834.KAA06151@kithrup.com>, Sean Eric Fagan writes:

>I *am* unhappy with the fact that you (phk) decided to simply ignore the
>message.  And I still believe that, unless you have some compelling reasons
>for it (and nothing you've stated *yet* is a compelling reason), that the
>changes should be backed out.

I have taken the attitude by now, and I belive I have earned the
right to it, that if people doesn't express themselves so their
emails make sense, then I can safely ignore it.  I get too many
emails as it is, and if I have to spend several minutes trying to
figure out what it is that you were complaining about because you
only "allude" to the substance of the complaint, then 'd' is the
fate of the email.  Sorry, but that's life.

On the subject of the change, the majority by number (and as far as I
have been able to measure: by usage) of our syscalls do not use the
retval for anything.  Consequently it is a waste of time to move it
around on the stack like we did.