Date:      Mon, 5 Sep 2022 14:16:40 -0700
From:      Dan Mahoney <freebsd@gushi.org>
To:        Tomek CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
Subject:   Re: ERROR: Ports Collection support for your FreeBSD version has ended o_O

> On Sep 5, 2022, at 13:45, Tomek CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info> wrote:
>=20
> Hello world :-)
>=20
> After `git pull` I get this warning now on each port build:
>=20
> /!\ ERROR: /!\
> Ports Collection support for your FreeBSD version has ended, and no
> ports are guaranteed to build on this system. Please upgrade to a
> supported release.
> No support will be provided if you silence this message by defining
> ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM.
> *** Error code 1

So somewhere in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk there's this (this is from an =
old system, your version strings will be different)

.if (${OPSYS} =3D=3D FreeBSD && (${OSVERSION} < 1104000 || (${OSVERSION} =
>=3D 1200000 && ${OSVERSION} < 1201000))) || \
    (${OPSYS} =3D=3D DragonFly && ${DFLYVERSION} < 400400)
_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM_MESSAGE=3D    Ports Collection support for your =
${OPSYS} version has ended, and no ports\
                                                                are =
guaranteed to build on this system. Please upgrade to a supported =
release.
. if defined(ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM)
WARNING+=3D                       "${_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM_MESSAGE}"
. else

Check what version you're at using the same mechanism the port does =
(maybe add it to the message above) and see.  It could be someone put in =
a bad compare block, or it could be that your system has an incomplete =
upgrade that's reporting the wrong build (or someone's improperly =
comparing).

If it's bad, file a bug or poke a committer here.

-Dan=