Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 1997 12:08:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      beef@tht.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp problems...

  Hello,

 I have a very big problem which has made me download FreeBSD 2.2.2
over 4 times this week :-(

 The joke is that when i put the boot floppie and start the novice installation
i set up ppp0 on com 2 and it get to ftp.freebsd.org with NO problem.

 When i finish the install, and connect with ppp, there is no connecting
problem. But I am unable to get out on the net. Today i tried something
a little different. When the ppp came back to PPP ON THT> I did
add 209.47.145.10 255.255.255.0 209.47.145.1 and now i can (and am currently)
go on the net. The problem is that the first IP can be 209.47.145.10 or
209.47.145.11 depending on which portmaster picks me up.

  Can someone please tell me what to put in the ppp.conf so that i can avoid
bugging everyone in the world to help me. This has been so frustrating. I went
on irc to #freebsd and many there tried to help, but no one did successfully.
At least I found something that has given me the ability to get on the net.
But this does not seem the right way to connect.

 Thank you in advance for any help which you may be able to provide.

Lanny Baron