Date:      Sun, 21 Dec 1997 13:08:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      dima@best.net (Dima Ruban)
To:        uwl@koala.lanck.ru (Vladimir Uralsky)
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup?

Vladimir Uralsky writes:
> Hi!
>
> I have some troubles with cvsup utility. I never use it before. I'm
> running FreeBSD-2.2.2 and want to upgrade a kernel to -stable. What tag
> must I use? What are another useful options? I obtain a 2.2.5 kernel
> sources, but they seems not a -stable. For example the identcpu.c not
> contain a update about f00f bug, but CERT advisory describe it must be
> in.

(cd /usr/src && make update) should work.

Also, I don't know about 2.2.2 but it would be usefull if you set these in
/etc/make.conf (in case it's not already there)

CVS_UPDATE=     yes
SUP=            /usr/local/bin/cvsup
SUPFLAGS=       -g -L 2 -z
SUPFILE=        /usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile
SUPFILE1=       /usr/share/examples/cvsup/secure-supfile
SUPFILE2=       /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile

> Sorry if it isn't a topic for this mailing list.
>
> --
> 	Vova.

-- dima