Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:07:14 +0100
From:      Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        john@veidit.net, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel PRO/Wireless 2011B

Hi Warner,

M. Warner Losh wrote on Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 06:27:24AM -0700:
[..]
> : Well, I'm aware of that, but this seems to me a matter of the
> : driver to attach. So maybe the 'wi' driver may not support this
> : card. However, it seems, that the CIS info cannot be read properly
> : and no driver can be selected to attach to it. Well at least, that's
> : how it looks to me.
>
> What does pccardc pccardmem say?  Maybe your laptop needs a
> non-standard setting for this?

It was set to 0xd0000, I've tried all 4 settings according to the
manpage. I tried to get some more information, as well,
but I'm afraid, it won't help much. :-/

uname:

FreeBSD spot.empire.trek.org 4.7-STABLE FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #7: Mon Nov 11 16:40:46 CET 2002     root@spot.empire.trek.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SPOT  i386

dmesg:

[..]
pcic0: <O2micro 6933 PCI-Cardbus Bridge> irq 11 at device 10.0 on pci2
pcic0: PCI Memory allocated: 0x88000000
pcic0: Warning: O2micro OZ68xx chips may not work
pccard0: <PC Card 16-bit bus (classic)> on pcic0
pcic1: <O2micro 6933 PCI-Cardbus Bridge> irq 11 at device 10.1 on pci2
pcic1: PCI Memory allocated: 0x88001000
pcic1: Warning: O2micro OZ68xx chips may not work
pccard1: <PC Card 16-bit bus (classic)> on pcic1
[..]

pciconf -l -v
[..]
pcic0@pci2:10:0:        class=0x060700 card=0x10e610cf chip=0x69331217 rev=0x02 hdr=0x02
    vendor   = 'O2 Micro Inc'
    device   = 'OZ6933 CardBus Controller'
    class    = bridge
    subclass = PCI-CardBus
pcic1@pci2:10:1:        class=0x060700 card=0x10e610cf chip=0x69331217 rev=0x02 hdr=0x02
    vendor   = 'O2 Micro Inc'
    device   = 'OZ6933 CardBus Controller'
    class    = bridge
    subclass = PCI-CardBus
[..]

Running a continous loop of "pccardc dumpcis" while inserting and removing
results in:

[..]
2 slots found
2 slots found
2 slots found
2 slots found
Configuration data for card in slot 1
2 slots found
Configuration data for card in slot 1
2 slots found
Configuration data for card in slot 1
Tuple #1, code = 0xff (Terminator), length = 0
2 slots found
[ repeated many times ]
Configuration data for card in slot 1
Tuple #1, code = 0xff (Terminator), length = 0
2 slots found
2 slots found
2 slots found
[..]

Thanks,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock                      - May His Shadow fall upon thee -
*Daniel Lang * dl@leo.org * +49 89 289 18532 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/*