Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 1999 19:40:19 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        lyndon@orthanc.ab.ca
Cc:        Frode Vatvedt Fjeld <frodef@acm.org>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bt848 channel frequencies

lyndon@orthanc.ab.ca:

 |>  |The wrapper library. Use it to hide the OS specific details.
 |>
 |> What is "the wrapper library"?  Is this another library separate from
 |> libtv.
 |
 |No, this would be a function in libtv. One of the objectives of the wrapper
 |library should be to hide the OS-specific interfaces from the application.

You and Frode should discuss this.  I didn't get the impression that a
"software layer to hide the driver" was his goal.  Rather, a library to
"share common TV/radio app state" such as channel sets, station names, and
frequencies.

...not to say a driver abstraction layer wouldn't be a good thing.  But
whether it should be the same or a separate library is an open question (not
addressed yet AFAIK).

Randall