Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:03:06 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Murray Taylor <murraytaylor@bytecraftsystems.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Resend of Question: Is this the right / best way of updating zoneinfo only

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 11:53:18AM +1000, Murray Taylor wrote:
> Question not responded to in a week..
>=20

That might work, but it's not guaranteed to always work.  There's only
one way to safely rebuild your system, which is the one documented in
the handbook.  In particular, piecewise updates are not supported.

zoneinfo is hardly ever updated anyway, so you may be trying to solve
a non-problem.

Kris

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g--