Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 1999 13:02:56 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@lambic.physics.montana.edu>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   ja-xemacs upgrade breaks canna input

Hey All,

As best as I can tell, the upgrade of xemacs broke the xemacs-canna+wnn4
port.  Now, I qualify this by noting I'm just beginning to come to grips
with Japanese input in Xemacs, but I was able to get it to work almost out
of the box with version 20.4 and, doing the same steps, I can't now.

To repeat:  With no .dot files to confuse things, I can easily reproduce
this:

	Start xemacs
	Under 'mule' option, select input method ('japanese-canna')

		--> This breaks with 'Cannot open load file: poem'

Other methods break, I think the skk method falls apart when it can't find
'advice'.  I don't yet understand the japanese stuff well enough to make
informed comments on what's wrong.

Regards,

Brian