Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 2004 23:34:57 +0200
From:      Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
To:        Heinrich Rebehn <rebehn@ant.uni-bremen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommended USB 2.0 controller fr. 5.2+

> >>To be more specific I found a controllre by Q-Tec (425U) wtih a Via
> >> VT6202 chipset. Anyone know if this will work?

As a follow-up: That Q-Tec controller (that I ended up buying) didn't work...
USB1 works as usual, but no luck with ehci. When plugging in a usb2 drive
either nothing happens, or I get an error followed by a kernel panic when
unplugging it.

(I posted already about this, offering help, to the usb-dev list. If someone
here wants details I can provide them, but otherwise the above is mostly
meant as a heads-up for future USB controller buyers reading the archives.)

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller@infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org