Date:      Tue, 2 May 2023 08:55:17 +0200
From:      Daniel <freebsd-arm@c0decafe.de>
To:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   pid xxxx (progname), jid 0, uid 0, was killed: failed to reclaim memory

Hi List,

I noticed that on my aarch64 boards I recently get a lot of 'pid xxxx
(progname), jid 0, uid 0, was killed: failed to reclaim memory' messages
in syslog.

This happens on a rockpro64 as well as a raspberry pi 3b, both running
13.2. None of the boards is near its memory capacity (more like less
than 50% used).

It started on the rockpro64 first, were i did a bit of fiddling, e.g.
en/disable swap, replace zfs with ufs, etc. nothing helped in the end. I
thought the board might be defective but now i start seeing the same
thing on the raspi as well.

Any ideas what this could be or how to debug this further?

Thanks & best regards