Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 1997 11:59:40 +0800 (TSD)
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@vas.tsu.tomsk.su>
To:        brian@awfulhak.org (Brian Somers)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: crypted ip

Brian Somers wrote:

> > Does anyone know of a tool to encrypt IP packets and then send them again
> > over IP? Something like IP over IP with security? Moreover, is anyone using
> > it with FreeBSD?
> >
> > I know that the best variant would be perhaps a hardware crypter but the NT
> > people say that NT can do it.
>
> Take a look at the ssh package/port.

This one is different. It does not do crypting on the IP level, does it? I
mean, I cannot encrypt, for example, http traffic with it, can I?

Olaf Erb has advised me to have a look at SKIP. This seems to be what I was
looking for. A secure IP link over an insecure channel.
http://skip.incog.com/

--
Victor Sudakov
mailto:vas@obluo.tomsk.su