Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:52:58 +0200
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>, Frank =?iso-8859-1?q?Wi=DFmann?= <frank.wissmann41@web.de>
Subject:   Re: How can I access video tape under FBSD?

On Wednesday 16 April 2008 22:11:16 Roland Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 08:28:30PM +0200, Frank Wi=DFmann wrote:
> > Hi, folks!
> > I have bought for myself a taperecorder-to-usb-connector, which I wrote
> > in /etc/usbd.conf as following:
> > Device  "Video tape"
> > Product "0x2821"
> > Vendor  "0xeb1a"
>
> Neither the vendor nor the device are listed in
> /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs. That does not bode well.

Quick scan on google reveils 0xeb1a is Pinnacle. You might ask on multimedi=
a=20
list if anyone knows this card. Could be it's accessible as 'tv tuner' or=20
similar interface.

I suspect there's gonna be a few requests like this with harddisk space bei=
ng=20
cheap and old home movies hitting the expiring date.
=2D-=20
Mel

    and never get to the software part.