Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 2002 00:47:21 +0200
From:      "Frank 'Freddy' Altpeter" <frank@altpeter.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem using USB - ATAPI - CDRW with cdrecord

helloo!

I tried to use an AOpen CD/RW burner today, ATAPI based, connected in an
ATAPI to USB adapter box and with that, plugged via USB to my
freebsd 4.6-STABLE notebook (Compaq armada e500).
According to some googlehops it's supposed to work with cdrecord.
But i don't figure out why i can't access the device.

Plugging in the box it says:

umass0: OnSpec Electronic, Inc.        USB Atapi, rev 1.00/b.02, addr 2
umass0: Get Max Lun not supported (STALLED)

I think the relevant kernel options are all defined
(da, scbus, pass, cd, usb, umass, etc...), but camcontrol isn't
listing the device:

pegasus# camcontrol rescan 0
Re-scan of bus 0 was successful
pegasus# camcontrol devlist -v
scbus0 on umass-sim0 bus 0:
scbus-1 on xpt0 bus 0:
<  >                               at scbus-1 target -1 lun -1 (xpt0)
pegasus#

So, cdrecord doesn't see anything either:

pegasus# export ENABLE_USB=1
pegasus# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 1.11a28 (i386-unknown-freebsd4.6) Copyright (C) 1995-2002 Jörg Schilling
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open SCSI driver.

Since my knowledge of freebsd system internals are not that great, i'm
unable to find out what i am missing. So, perhaps one here as a clue for me?

Take care,
		Frank Altpeter

--
In der Beziehung hat der Autor von 'Planet der Affen' nicht genuegend
Weitsicht gezeigt.  Es braucht wirklich _keinen_ Atomkrieg, damit die