Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:17:12 +0930
From:      Wincent Colaiuta <wincentcolaiuta@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Apache + disk quotas loophole?

Is there a loophole in using disk quotas with apache?

Imagine I have a customer (user: johntest) limited to 100MB disk space
using filesystem quotas.

He won't be able to upload files via ftp if it would take him over the
limit, nor can he create files from the shell.

But if his website is dynamic and apache is writing files to the disk
for him (pages, files etc), won't they be created as user "nobody" or
"www" files (or whatever the server is running as) and hence will they
be omitted from the quota restriction?

I have one site which only has about four files uploaded into the
public_html directory, and the rest of the pages (hundreds of them) were
all created by apache using a webinterface. Do only the four uploaded
files get counted in the quota?

If it is true that this is a loophole, how would I plug it? Any ideas?

And a related question... how would I include MySQL storage in the quota
also? (Same problem there, all MySQL db files are owned by "mysql").

Cheers
Wincent