Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 2001 08:33:58 EST
From:      Matraquilla@cs.com
To:        "Roman Shterenzon" <roman@harmonic.co.il>
Cc:        "Greg ehey" <grog@lemis.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vinum malfunction!

--part1_d6.7493e7.278332c6_boundary

Mr. Lehey:

For months now, I have been on the sidelines following your various postings
and now this thread in particular.

Unfortunately, I get a bad taste in my mouth from a lot of your responses.
You are completely intolerant of others' views, deem questions or criticisms
as personal attacks and some of your responses are vitriolic. Your general
attitude seems to be premised on how Greg is so brilliant and [everybody
else] is ignorant, or stupid, or just does not get it.

To you I say enough already!

I shall not detract from your intellectual ability or knowledge of FreeBSD --
although some of your theories and views are unique and not generally
accepted.

As to your Vinum sacred cow, when are you going to accept that Vinum shall
(and could) never be more than an experimental beta that should never be
relied upon fully in a production environment.  If you want RAID, you get a
RAID controller.  If you like to play with explosives and are trying to get
away with cheap or free, by all means play with Vinum or its other software
siblings.

Finally, as to HTML e-mail, whether you like it or not its here to stay, and
even the mighty Greg Lehey cannot bully it away.

Having said my piece, I return to the sidelines.

--part1_d6.7493e7.278332c6_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3>Mr. Lehey:
<BR>
<BR>For months now, I have been on the sidelines following your various postings <BR>and now this thread in particular.
<BR>
<BR>Unfortunately, I get a bad taste in my mouth from a lot of your responses. &nbsp;<BR>You are completely intolerant of others' views, deem questions or criticisms <BR>as personal attacks and some of your responses are vitriolic. Your general <BR>attitude seems to be premised on how Greg is so brilliant and [everybody <BR>else] is ignorant, or stupid, or just does not get it.
<BR>
<BR>To you I say enough already!
<BR>
<BR>I shall not detract from your intellectual ability or knowledge of FreeBSD -- <BR>although some of your theories and views are unique and not generally <BR>accepted.
<BR>
<BR>As to your Vinum sacred cow, when are you going to accept that Vinum shall <BR>(and could) never be more than an experimental beta that should never be <BR>relied upon fully in a production environment. &nbsp;If you want RAID, you get a <BR>RAID controller. &nbsp;If you like to play with explosives and are trying to get <BR>away with cheap or free, by all means play with Vinum or its other software <BR>siblings.
<BR>
<BR>Finally, as to HTML e-mail, whether you like it or not its here to stay, and <BR>even the mighty Greg Lehey cannot bully it away.
<BR>
<BR>Having said my piece, I return to the sidelines.</FONT></HTML>

--part1_d6.7493e7.278332c6_boundary--