Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 09:02:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        gaa@dgms.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Real release tag

 * Ok, I got all the sources via cvsup (I get the cvs files) and I did
 * a "cvs -r RELENG_2_2_6_RELEASE src doc lkm ports".  All I got was
 * the "src" directory.  After poking around in the other repositories
 * I notice that "doc" and "ports" are tagged "RELEASE_2_2_6" and "lkm"
 * is not tagged at all.  Will the real release 2.2.6 tag please stand
 * up?

The "doc" and "ports" trees don't have the RELENG_2_2 branch, so their
tags reflect that and are named differently (as you noted).  I have no
idea where you found the "lkm" tree but the one I know is under "src"
and is indeed tagged RELENG_2_2_6_RELEASE.

Shouldn't this be somewhere in the handbook?

Satoshi