Date:      Thu, 21 May 2015 10:33:56 -0500
From:      Sean Kelly <smkelly@smkelly.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   10.1 NVMe kernel panic

Greetings.

I have a Dell R630 server with four of Dell=E2=80=99s 800GB NVMe SSDs =
running FreeBSD 10.1-p10. According to the PCI vendor, they are some =
sort of rebranded Samsung drive. If I boot the system and then load =
nvme.ko and nvd.ko from a command line, the drives show up okay. If I =
put
	nvme_load=3D=E2=80=9CYES=E2=80=9D
	nvd_load=3D=E2=80=9CYES=E2=80=9D
in /boot/loader.conf, the box panics on boot:
	panic: nexus_setup_intr: NULL irq resource!

If I boot the system with =E2=80=9CSafe Mode: ON=E2=80=9D from the =
loader menu, it also boots successfully and the drives show up.

You can see a full =E2=80=98boot -v=E2=80=99 here:
http://smkelly.org/stuff/nvme-panic.txt =
<http://smkelly.org/stuff/nvme-panic.txt>;

Anyone have any insight into what the issue may be here? Ideally I need =
to get this working in the next few days or return this thing to Dell.

Thanks!

--=20
Sean Kelly
smkelly@smkelly.org