Date:      Sat, 24 May 1997 17:12:00 -0800 (AKDT)
From:      Steve Howe <un_x@anchorage.net>
To:        Ian Wynne <ianw@lyear.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp auto mode

On Sat, 24 May 1997, Ian Wynne wrote:

i experience this from time to time also ...
i not sure why - but once i fixed it by correcting the routing tables
manually.  since then i've heard some cleanup problems with routing
tables, so i just attribute it to that!  but i could be way off
base.  i also always get a "bogus" route added to my tables automatically
from out of nowhere:

255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 UHb 0 0 tun0

i use 2.2.1., but had these problems since 2.1.5.

also - "netstat -r" does not show my isp-nameserver route, whereas
telnet-ing into ppp and "show route" does show this ... ???

 Sleep: a sign a caffeine deprivation ... http://www.anchorage.net/~un_x