Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2019 06:33:19 -0600
From:      "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Pkg broken after 11.3 upgrade

On 28 Oct 2019, at 06:19, Robert Fitzpatrick via freebsd-questions =
<freebsd-questions@freebsd.org> wrote:
> After doing an upgrade from 11.2-RELEASE to 11.3-RELEASE, I could no =
longer login via SSH. When I login from console, there are many packages =
that generate segmentation faults including pkg when I tried to pkg =
upgrade openssh or just pkg update...
>=20
> root@db1: ~ # pkg update
> /usr/lib/libssl.so.8: Shared object has no run-time symbol table
>=20
> I tried to deinstall pkg from ports manually and get these same errors =
when trying to make install afterward. What can I do to get this =
functional again?

Did you read the how to update documentation? It seems not.

You have put yourself in a bad position that it will take some effort to =
fix. It might be easiest to rollback to 11.2 and start over.

 freebsd-update rollback

You COULD try=20

  pkg-static upgrade -f

--=20
When the stars threw down their spears And watered heaven with their
tears, Did He smile his work to see? Did He who made the Lamb make thee?