Date:      Wed, 8 Jul 1998 17:36:11 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        philuint@erols.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Q:rvplayer5.0 for linux under FreeBSD

BIg snip-------------------------

>     Hi. Thankyou for replying.  I am using FreeBSD 2.2.6-release. And my soundcard is AWE32 Pnp.  As far as I know, my sound card is
> configured and working correctly.
>
>    I really hope you can help me. =)

Are you using the latest sound driver?  I have a SB16 and had similar
problems.  What worked for me was to cvsup the latest stable source and
do a makeworld and build a new kernel.

Alternatively, check the web page and get the latest sound driver and
install it per the instructions included with the driver.  I believe
that there are config instructions for your card included with the
latest driver.

Let me know if any of this helps.

Frank