Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 1999 02:44:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jia-Huang Chen <jiachen@cs.indiana.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with Mergemaster

When I try to run mergemaster v1.36, it comes with these:
but I do have the directory,  /usr/src/etc/
Any help ?  Thanks,

Jia
[root@nugget:/tmp] # ./mergemaster

 *** Your PAGER environment variable specifies 'more', but
     I cannot execute it. In general it is good practice to
     specify the full path for environment variables like
     PAGER and EDITOR. Meanwhile, what would you like to do?

  Use 'e' to exit mergemaster and fix your PAGER variable
  Use 'm' to use plain old 'more' as your PAGER for this run

  Default is to use plain old 'more'

What should I do? [Use 'more']

*** The directory specified for the temporary root environment,
    /var/tmp/temproot, exists. This can be a security risk if untrusted
    users have access to the system.

  Use 'd' to delete the old /var/tmp/temproot and continue
  Use 't' to select a new temporary root directory
  Use 'e' to exit mergemaster

  Default is to use /var/tmp/temproot as is

How should I deal with this? [Use the existing /var/tmp/temproot]

   *** Leaving /var/tmp/temproot intact

*** Creating the temporary root environment in /var/tmp/temproot
 *** /var/tmp/temproot ready for use
 *** Creating and populating directory structure in /var/tmp/temproot

make: don't know how to make distrib-dirs. Stop

  *** FATAL ERROR: Cannot 'cd' to /usr/src/etc and install files to the
      temproot environment

[root@nugget:/tmp] #