Date:      Tue, 06 Oct 2020 18:20:05 +0900 (JST)
From:      Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu@utahime.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Poudriere/PREFIX breakage?

From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@blisses.org>
Subject: Poudriere/PREFIX breakage?
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 23:30:36 -0400

> Hi, all. I just spun up a Poudriere build server, building 2020Q4 for 12.1
> amd64. I set PREFIX=/opt in /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf and a
> number of things broke, but a number didn't. When I killed the build, as
> clearly there's something wrong, I had 29 successful builds and 19
> failures, and a number of skips given that gettext-tools was one of the
> failures.

This is because base system implicitly assumes PREFIX=/usr/local. If
you exec `fgrep -r /usr/local /etc`, then you find '/usr/local' is
hard-coded in some files under /etc. To make poudriere build with
PREFIX=/opt, you need to create custom jail that all occurrences of
'/usr/local' in files under /etc are replaced with `/opt`. But it is
still necessary condition and not sufficiend one. Some ports may be
unable to be built with non-default prefix.

---
Yasuhiro KIMURA