Date:      Mon, 1 Sep 2003 23:35:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lucent Technologies Orinoco Gold

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 10:38:52AM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> > In message: <002d01c3709d$3bac7480$093d1581@rehash>
> >             "Michael Goffin" <neo@csh.rit.edu> writes:
> > : I posted a week or two ago about having issues with my Orinoco Gold wireless
> > : card not working in 5.1-current. It was suggested that I update the
> > : firmware. The firmware upgrade did not work. Has anyone had issues with this
> > : card in 5.1-current that they were able to resolve?
> >
> > You might also want to try the owi driver.  It isn't supported, and
> > may disappear soon, but it was created to try to fix the lucent
> > support in the wi driver.  You can't have both the owi and wi drivers
> > in the kernel at the same time.  owi is supported only as a module.
> > If it doesn't work, then oh well.
>
> What are the problems? I'm happily using my Lucent card without
> problems. That is, I have less problems with it than I had with
> an embedded PRISM3.
>
> wi0: <Lucent Technologies WaveLAN/IEEE> at port 0x100-0x13f irq 9 function 0 config 1 on pccard0
> wi0: 802.11 address: 00:02:2d:09:71:2b
> wi0: using Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE
> wi0: Lucent Firmware: Station (6.6.1)
> wi0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps
> wi0: bad alloc 3d2 != ff, cur 0 nxt 0

Mine works fine as well:

wi0: <Lucent Technologies WaveLAN/IEEE> at port 0x100-0x13f irq 11 function 0 config 1 on pccard1
wi0: 802.11 address: 00:02:2d:04:e2:41
wi0: using Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE
wi0: Lucent Firmware: Station (8.72.1)
wi0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps

And I see this when it tries to get an address:
wi0: bad alloc 205 != 202, cur 0 nxt 0

Everything works perfectly (although I do NOT use WEP, which used to cause
me tons of problems) talking to my linksys AP. All that is required
to start the card up is "ifconfig wi0 media autoselect ssid linksys".

I was going to do some experiments on getting peer-peer working between
4.x and 5.x (which I have used in the past), but my test box seems to have
expired in storage.