Date:      Wed, 31 May 100 20:51:56 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Renaud Waldura <renaud@guppy.evolunet.com>
To:        mick.gallagher@roke.co.uk (Gallagher Mick)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: User-PPP not seeing incoming PPP packets on 3.4R

I think that cross-posting from freebsd-questions is considered
bad etiquette. FYI.

> (ii) Can anyone tell me how to get tcpdump to look at the bpf tun thing, so
> I can actually monitor the packet flow?

tcpdump -i tun0
should do it. You need to have "pseudo-device bpf" in the kernel of
course.

> an ethernet NIC, and configured the i/f IP address of the NIC as 10.0.0.1.
> Because of this, I changed the default 'dummy' PPP local tun address from
> 10.0.0.1 to 11.0.0.1. (The original PPP 10.0.0.1 address comes from the
> example ppp.conf file).

I don't see why this should be a problem, but try 10.0.0.2
just in case -- although I doubt this is your problem.

--
-- Renaud Waldura (temporarily renaud@evolunet.com)
-- The Netsurfers' Organization