Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2006 13:13:04 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
Cc:        fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: heavy NFS writes lead to corrup summary in superblock

п'ятниця 09 червень 2006 12:58, Scott Long написав:
> Can you actually measure a performance difference with using the -b
> 65535 option on newfs?  All of the I/O is buffered anyways and
> contiguous data is already going to be written in 64k blocks.

My reasons for using the largest block size was more of the space
efficiency -- the fs typically holds no more than 20 files in 10 directories,
but the smallest file is 1Gb in length. This is also why I chose ufs1 (-O1)
over ufs2 -- we don't need ACLs on this filesystem.

I never benchmarked the speed on the single drives, other than to compare with
my RAID5 array (which puzzlingly always loses to a single drive, but that's a
different story).

Thanks,

	-mi