Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:59:38 -0400
From:      "Milliken, Scott" <MillikS@sti.imshealth.com>
To:        "'fpc@dhi.dk'" <fpc@dhi.dk>, Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Problems in detecting RAM...

This problem occurs in ALL Compaq computers - or at least the 5 or 6 models
I've tried installed FreeBSD and/or Linux on.  The fix is to tell the kernel
how much RAM you really have.  In your kernel config file, add the following
line:

options		"MAXMEM=(32*1024)"

Now just reconfig, make your kernel, install it and reboot.

Scott A. Milliken