Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 1995 00:08:58 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        nate@rocky.sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, nate@rocky.sri.MT.net, Gert-Jan.Vons@ocegr.fr, questions@freebsd.org, hm@altona.hamburg.com
Subject:   Re: 2.1R+PCVT+Xfree on Thinkpad

As Nate Williams wrote:

> > Of course, this is speculative only -- i don't own one.  Playing with
> > kbdio(8) might get it clearer.
>
> If I get access to one again (we've got a 755CX, ~4 mos old) I can check
> it out.  Where do I start?  If I remember correctly, my very old (750C,
> no longer made) didn't support ScanSet I, so I don't think it's anything
> new.  The 750's run both NetBSD and Linux though.

There are two ways to gain access to scanset I: you could switch the
keyboard, or you could try convincing the controller to perform the
translation.  I'd recommed the van Gilluwe for the details (but i
could also go further in email if you'd like to know, Nate).

I suspect earlier Thinkpads to support only one of both methods
(though i'm not sure which), while later ones might have dropped both.

--
cheers, J"org