Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:56:08 +0200
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Toomas Aas <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Will USE_PYTHON accept my existing Python version?

On Wednesday 16 April 2008 22:11:51 Toomas Aas wrote:

> Sorry for asking such a stupid question. I tried to figure out the answer
> myself by reading /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.python.mk, but it's really over my
> head.

Nah, just read the comments.

> If I'm going to install a port that defines USE_PYTHON=yes in it's
> Makefile and I currently have python-2.4.3,1 installed, will the port
> accept my existing Python version or attempt to pull in Python 2.5?

# PYTHON_DEFAULT_VERSION
#                   - Version of the default python binary in your ${PATH}, in
#                     the format "python2.5". Set this in your /etc/make.conf
#                     in case you want to use an older version as a default.
#                     default: python2.5
#

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.