Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 1999 04:25:17 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "James R. Shrenk" <dionysos@darkspiral.com>
To:        Marc Flambard <flambard@univ-paris12.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: modem

What kind of chipset is on the modem?  Being that it is a PCI modem, the
odds are that it is some form of winmodem and thus not usable in FreeBSD.
I visited Olitec's site myself but found nothing definitive (at least that
wasn't in French).  You might try visiting there site www.olitec.com and
clicking on the little Penguin in the corner.  There are tips there for
getting a modem running in Linux (which may help you somewhat for
FreeBSD), but it really depends on the chip on the modem.

James