Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 2016 21:50:35 +0900
From:      YongHyeon PYUN <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        Tino Engel <tino.engel@hotmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Support for Killer E2400 Ethernet

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 08:23:28PM +0100, Tino Engel wrote:
> Thanks very much for the quick reply.
>
> So let me shed some words on your input:
>
> First: Limiting the memory size did not help at all, nothing changed.
> Unfortunetly I cannot post the whole results of the sysctl, since I cannot get this box into the net, and it is quite too much to type it by hand.
> Is there any special value you are interested in?

I'm not sure, just wanted to know these counters to guess what
would be causing the issue.  Probably error related counters would
be helpful(sysctl -d dev.alc.0.stats will show description for each
counters).

> Then I applied your patch.
> The requested output is:
> alc0: DMA CFG : 0x0c347c54

Could you verbose boot your kernel and show me the output of
alc(4) related ones?  It will show you read request/TLP payload
size as well as PCI/Chip revision information.

> The bad thing: The error still persists. :(
> It always writes "DMA write error" now followed by "DMA CFG : ..."
>
> One more thing:
> The ping -s command results in the same error as trying to fetch something from the internet.

'ping -s 1472' was one of known way that reliably trigger the issue
on E2200(and now E2400).

> Do you have any further ideas?

Not yet.

Thanks.