Date:      Tue, 01 Sep 1998 22:45:46 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Requisite steps for tracking -stable

At 04:02 PM 9/1/98 -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>That won't happen, but I think we'll get people who make important
>changes to note this in -stable from now on.

With the amount of work that goes into FreeBSD and the shear size and
complexity of it all, its a wonder it doesnt break more often!  I recall
the first time I discovered cvsup and began to contemplate the whole
process, I was quite amazed by it all...imagine, downloading the deltas to
the source code to an entire OS. I was pretty blown away by the fact that
it worked.  Considering that its done on a daily basis and out of the 365
days a year that changes get made, I think I can count on one hand the
amount of times there were actual source code problems, and not many more
times where there wasnt some form of 'heads up' posted somewhere about
important changes.  In short, it rocks!

	---Mike