Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:43:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jaime Kikpole <jaime@malkav.snowmoon.com>
To:        ATeslik@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No sound with flash plugin

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999 ATeslik@aol.com wrote:
>     All other sound programs play well from X. I have no problem with mp3s,
> wavs, etc. I was trying to find the device that Linux looks for to play
> audio, and mabye make a symlink to my device in /dev, but I don't know what
> device Linux uses? Is this a good approach? I'm using a SoundBlaster 16.

	You probably already did this, but just in case....  Did you "cd
/dev ; ./MAKEDEV snd0" or something similar?  Are you using Luigi's sound
drivers or the older OSS-based ones.  I had a lot of problems getting
esound to function and finally came to the conclusion (untested that it
is) that it was because I was using the newer Luigi drivers.

						Jaime