Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 1999 16:49:59 -0500
From:      Benjamin Gavin <gavinb@supranet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compiling a threads enabled program using egcs

Hi all,
  I was wondering if anyone could give me step-by-step instructions on how
to compile a threads-enabled program using egcs.  This includes building
egcs with thread support, and linking the end program with libc_r.  I would
appreciate something like this:

1) download egcs (duh! :))
2) run ./configure with these options
3) run make
4) create a thread-enabled program
5) run g++ (the egcs version) with these options
6) that's it :)

  If someone could provide me with such a step-by-step walkthrough I would
greatly appreciate it.  Plus, you'll get to have yet another great program
that has a native FreeBSD version!  I already asked this question on
FreeBSD-Hackers and was (thankfully) ignored and not flamed :).

Thanks,
Ben

  Benjamin Gavin - Senior Consultant