Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:11:05 -0600
From:      Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Sparc64 <sparc64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Serial console seems to have disappeared

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 06:14:49PM -0800, Doug White wrote:
> The current recommendation is to use the uart(4) driver, which should
> support the same chips as the zs and sab drivers (unless you're on an
> Enterprise [34][05]00).  The tty device changes to /dev/ttyu*.
>
> Prior to that change I had gettys starting on ttyz[01] and not using the
> ttya/b links -- I'm not even sure where those come from.

Thanks muchly for your information -- it's currently working great on
ttyz1, and I'm starting to look into what it'll take to move to uart(4)
(google seems to be saying that just swapping the devices into/out of my
kernel ought to work).

-T

--
"... there is no way for me to describe to you how far off-base you are.
 You can't even see the base from there. You're looking around, but you