Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 1996 22:16:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Who was writing dedicated POP server software?

A few months back, I discovered that most POP3 servers copy the mailbox
over and over if "leave mail on server" is checked on the client side.  I
ended up talking to someone who was writing some dedicated POP3 server
software, which did not copy over the mailboxes when it updated the
mailbox (it stored mail like a news server -- one message per file).

If anyone remembers this bit of conversation, I was wondering if you had
an update on the status of the software, since I have some time to fiddle
with this sort of stuff.

Thanks.

bryan

bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/