Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:58:29 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Simon Dick <simond@irrelevant.org>
Cc:        Joe & Fhe Barbish <barbish@a1poweruser.com>, Toomas Aas <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>, FBSDQ <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: burning an FBSD iso image using MS/Windows

Simon Dick wrote:
> Easy CD Creator and CDRWIN can both burn ISOs properly from memory,
> read the manuals for more info as I can't remember how off the top of
> my head

Make sure you're not using a CD-RW blank.  Some windows-based CD software
won't burn ISOs properly on rewritable CDs.  Whether this is a bug or
feature is beyond me (I'm not that versed in how CD burning works) it's
just been my experience.
Burning bootable FreeBSD CDs on CD-Rs has always worked for me, whatever
software I use (usually cdrecord, but occasionally different windows
programs as well)

> On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 11:00:29AM -0400, Joe & Fhe Barbish wrote:
>
>>Could you please expand on this subject.
>>What is the manufacture of your cd r/w device?
>>What software do you use to write an iso image file so it gets
>>expanded into multiple files on the cd?
>>Do you know of any free software that will write iso image
>>to cd using MS/Windows?
>>
>>I have an HP 9500 and the software that came with it does not
>>write iso image files. I even emailed the HP tech support and they
>>said they know of no MS/Windows cd writer that writes iso image files
>>as expanded files.

Bill Moran
Potential Technology
http://www.potentialtech.com