Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 02:15:59 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Karteczka" <jerkart@mw.mediaone.net>
To:        <itojun@iijlab.net>
Cc:        "Shoichi Sakane" <sakane@ydc.co.jp>, <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, <core@kame.net>
Subject:   Re: racoon issue with freebsd 4.2 + ports

The system I am doing my troubleshooting on is 4.2-RELEASE installed on March
11.  I tried the March 12th snapshot from kame.net and was able to sucessfully
compile on this system.

The other system I am using has been up for about a year and has been upgraded
from 4.0-RELEASE and is currently following 4.2-STABLE, however I think that
along the way I did not upgrade something properly on it.  It is a testing host
for me and most likely greatly in need of a rebuild at this point.

Thanks to all for the assistance in getting me going in the right direction.

Jeremy

>I can't figure out how to pass the -E option to cc from the initial port make,
>but here is what I get when I modify the Makefile for libipsec and try the
make:

>[/usr/ports/security/racoon]# make
>===>  Configuring for racoon-20010222a
>(cd /usr/ports/security/racoon/work/racoon-20010222a/racoon/../libipsec; make)
>Warning: Object directory not changed from original
>/usr/ports/security/racoon/work/racoon-20010222a/libipsec
>cc -E -O -pipe -g -I. -DIPSEC_DEBUG -DIPSEC -DINET6 -Wall -c policy_token.c -o
>policy_token.o
>policy_token.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
>*** Error code 1

you need to look at the standar output from "cc -E" run.

do you have a clean 4.2-RELEASE/STABLE system nearby?  if so, try
taking diff of /usr/include between them.

itojun