Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:51:34 -0500
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        "Mark S. Reichman" <reichman@twcny.rr.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: ethernet card / ifconfig -a / dhclient

Hi,

    The only device that gives you full-duplex connectivity its a switch, if
your computer its connected to a switch, then you can use the mediaopt
switch in your /etc/rc.conf file to force it to full-duplex, see man
ifconfig. I think the syntaxis its:

ifconfig_xl0="inet x.x.x.x  netmask y.y.y.y mediaopt full-duplex"

Ales