Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 1995 23:07:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
To:        sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au (Stephen Hocking)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Repair floppies - what should we have?

> Recently a crash in the middle of a make world trashed my libc.so, and this
> caused me to think long and hard about the issue of repair floppies. What I
> came up with was this -

We have a very open position for a "fixit" floppy designer...

did I read your email as an application ?

If I say please ?

We had code in the kernel/boot-blocks to ask for a second floppy.
We also have code to boot a compressed kernel (not comitted yet)
+ lots of other things/tools
but we have little/no time :(

--
Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@login.dknet.dk>